Wednesday, May 8, 2013

i didn't feel the tingle...

Today was the first day I tried the liquid version of Green Pastures Cod Liver Fish Oil/Butter Blend. say that three times fast! I previously tried the capsules, which had no smell or taste, but they are mighty expensive. So I decided to give this a go. Here are some tips on what to do and NOT to do:

 
1. Do not smell this stuff. Even with the cinnamon added, its not a pretty smell. 
2. Do not taste it. You will not want to if you ignored my advice on  #1 anyway. 
3. Do put it in the refrigerator at least over night so it gets solid. This way you can take a knife and measure it out, then bite it into your mouth so it forms a little ball (its wax like in substance) and is easy to swallow with a little bit of water. You can barely taste it this way....which is how you want it according to the Amazon reviews I read. 
4. Do not expect a tingle. I didn't really taste anything, much less a tingle. But I think I prefer that over the thought of whatever fish oil actually tastes like... (and yes, I really can't believe I am eating this stuff either!).

Anyway, lets hope I reap some health benefits because I plan to do Murph on 5/24/13. This is a crossfit workout in honor of fallen soldiers and all proceeds go to various charities that assist military & military families. Murph was apparently a hard ass in the gym. The workout is Run 1 mile (with a 20lb vest. or not if you are me :)), 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 squats, Run 1 mile. Last year I did 1 mile, 50 pull ups, 100 push ups, 150 squats and ran 1/2 mile. So this year my goal is merely to finish! I will probably do this as 20 rounds of "Cindy" (5/10/15). Honestly just writing about this is making me tired. AND THEN I signed up to do a 5k the very next weekend (which may seem extremely easy after Murph. or its the worst idea I've ever had) before I partake in some Summerfest festivities! Or I may end up in the hospital. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment