Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 2: On Struggle

Part of me feels like I should have skipped crossfit last night.... I couldn't get up to my 89% front squat, and at 85% it was still pretty sketchy on rep 3. Not exactly the kick start I wanted after learning my body fat % (poor to fair....apparently in that order!) and my benchmark wod that left me breathless. Literally. How did everyone else do??

In better, actually BEST NEWS EVER! I booked my flight to Italy w/ my bff from high school Laurie! So in honor of that incredibly fattening & financially sketchy decision, here's what I'll be eating for dinner tonight:


Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti- super easy/lazy version

1 spaghetti squash
1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes
1 lb beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
cumin, garlic powder, salt/pepper to taste
basil to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Cut around the spaghetti squash w/ a small/paring knife first; then take larger knife and slice open (sooo much easier this way). Place in baking dish w/ about an inch of water. Bake 40 minutes or until outside of squash is tender.

Meanwhile at the stove.... heat up some coconut oil and add your onions until translucent. Add meat, garlic and spices. Cook until browned and then add the can of tomatoes until they are heated through. Then scoop out the squash with a fork and add sauce. E si รจ fatto la sua facile! (and yes I had to look that up. I know 0.0 words in Italian).

No comments:

Post a Comment