Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kale!

I feel like once you buy a big bag of kale, you've got to commit to making a number of dishes with this voluminous super food. This week I made a couple of basic kale salads, creamed kale, and then attempted my own kale chip. I was in a seriously snacky mood today and needed something crispy & quick..... so I looked at a couple chip recipes and decided to venture out on my own...

Kale Chips

1 1/2 tbsp melted ghee
4 cups kale, roughly chopped
1-2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
Kitchen items: parchment paper; baking sheet; bowl

Preheat oven to 350. Melt the ghee and let cool; then add to kale and massage the leaves until they are all covered. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, place the kale on the sheet as flat as you can (it doesnt really get that flat...). Bake for about 11 minutes. Immediately add old bay (or other seasoning). I put mine on a drying rack for a few minutes and then ate them all promptly!









And then for Easter dinner...

Well Fed Chicken with Kale, Cranberries & Sweet Potato



No comments:

Post a Comment