Saturday, March 23, 2013

Girls night in!

Tonight my friend Mary and I cooked up a mean, 100% paleo compliant dinner & dessert for a cozy saturday night in!

I decided to mix some of my faves together and this is what we came up with: Everyday Paleo Sundried Tomato Meatballs over Pesto Spaghetti Squash with a side of Creamed Kale. The tablescape is not nearly as good as the food was! We used a different take on the pesto- a pine nut/walnut mix (1/4 cup v. 1 cup) and nixed the sundried tomatoes in the pesto. For the kale- just heat up some kale in a little coconut oil and garlic. Once it starts to wilt, add a teaspoon or two or coconut oil and add desired spices (we used a blend of cinnamon, cloves, chili powder, salt- I had this middle eastern mix on hand; its probably just as delicious w/ sea salt & pepper!). Then add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and some toasted pine nuts.




And for dessert.... berries with my coconut creamer and decaf organic french roast! Feeling so grown up (read: super old) with a healthy, caffeine free meal :)



No comments:

Post a Comment